Sunday, June 21, 2009

Best New Poets...and other writings




Ack!

BNP has finally read two of my three submissions, which means results shouldn't be too far away...

God, I would love to get another one of my "ill-formed offspring" in ink.

I've been working feverishly on my portfolio - while trying to move at the same time - but have had some surprisingly good results. Just penned a poem I adore, "visiting lady lethe (late one friday evening)," about my late great-grandmother. I've asked Professor Pantano - Edge Hill University - to look over my portfolio and see what needs tweaking so that I'm more competetive as I go to apply for my MFA this fall. Hopefully, this will help my chances and - if nothing else -I'm having a marvelous time and getting some much needed input.

I'm really excited about where this is headed...I feel possibilities dancing around in my brain, and I absolutely love it. It's a wonderful place to be (famous last words: I'm waiting for the rug to be pulled out from under my feet in the form of rejection letters and a "your poems suck" declaration from Prof. P, lol).

So we'll see how things go!

In the meantime, I'm off to do some NEFEC homework (ugh!) and enjoy Father's Day. Best wishes to all, and to all...an MFA acceptance? :D Take care, folks.

No comments: