Thursday, July 2, 2009

Success...sort of



So, Ashley and I tried baking chocolate chip cookies with almond flour today...one word: SUCCESS!!!!!!! Oh my goodness! They are soooooo yummy! All we did was take an ordinary chocolate chip recipe and modified it a bit: we used Splenda bround sugar substitute and 3 cups of almond flour instead of 2 cups of regular flour. The consistency was a little different than normal cookies and, because they didn't rise, we initially had "cookie cake." However, with some creative shape cutting, Ashley and I might even go so far as to say that almond flour cookies are BETTER tasting than normal chocolate chip cookies! She, Ben, and I have already come close to devouring half the batch! Too awesome!

On the downside, I've been feeling a little discombobulated lately. Emailed an old professor asking him to look at my poetry portfolio...his reply email indicated that he didn't even give it an honest look over (didn't notice major changes, indicated that he'd mostly skim read, etc). It was more than a little disheartening...I was so excited about making progress on a portfolio for grad school: silly as it may seem, little things like this make me question whether or not I should even be doing such a thing.

Maybe I just don't fit...

*sigh* Hooray for PMS induced melancholic musings.

I can only hope that God will make my path clear...and that, once on it, I will find joy in the journey (instead of resenting the roads not travelled). We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Christina said...

omg. almond flour is absolutely amazing.

I'm assuming your trying to cut out carbs with this type of cooking for ashley's wedding?

Next time you make them, just use a little bit of white flour and see what happens :)

I make pie crust with almond flour and it is absolutely divine :)