Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer Dreamin'

I've decided that this summer I am going to "dream big" and keep busy. I distinctly remember emerging from the end of my previous summer thinking to myself "Goodness, where did it go?" and "How did I so completely and utterly waste it?"

I've been itching to have an adventue as of late - to stretch the bounds of my comfort zone and do things I wouldn't normally have time/be inclined to do. I'm really hoping to adventure into the realm of the abnormal, and have a marvelous time doing it. It's not about "succeeding" at anything this time around: just about enjoying the ride. :D

Here's my adventure checklist - We'll see which items I mark off (or add later on, lol):

1) Visit Christina and her new baby!!!! This is a must!! :D
2) Have a "Girls' Weekend" Beach Trip to St. Augustine. I'm a native Floridian and I've never been...yes, I know: it's pathetic - hence its location on my to do list.
3) Audition for American Idol when it comes to Orlando - just for kicks and giggles. *cue AI theme song: duh duh duh duh duh duh duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh duh!*
4) Spend a much needed week with Tori Sandbrook in Boston, MA
5) Spend some time with the family in North Carolina...I love me some mountains. I'm hoping to get in some hiking, cavern exploring, horseback riding, white-water rafting goodness.
5) FINALLY read some of the books I've been dying to read
6) Continue to build my poetry portfolio and, hopefully, get accepted into a poetry journal for publication
7) Work on my would-be chick-lit/urban fantasy novel

Here's to adventure! :D

No comments: